Hours: Full-time (candidate must be flexible with working hours and may often be required to work evenings and weekends).
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Closing date for applications: 29th September 2017
Please email your CV accompanied with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The British Muslim Heritage Centre (BMHC) is located in Manchester in a prestigious venue that aims to celebrate Muslim heritage and make it accessible to all, helping to make our communities stronger and more cohesive.
Since its inception in 2004 and sub-sequential move to its current premises in 2006, the BMHC has evolved into what it is today:
- Attracting more than 120,000 annual visitors.
- Launching more than 40 different services and projects.
- Establishing partnerships with important local, national and international institutes.
- The BMHC currently offers a variety of regular structured activities and services for the community.
The BMHC is looking to appoint a talented, self-motivated and energetic individual in the capacity of an Activities Co-Ordinator. The role will require managing the current portfolio of activities at the BMHC, and also launching new activities and community projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To work closely with instructors and teachers who are currently delivering activities at the BMHC.
- To launch new activities, from inception to completion which are in line with the vision of the BMHC.
- To create and manage a team of volunteers.
- To establish and run educational activities.
- To build confidence and self-esteem of young people to enable them to access and take advantage of available services and activities.
- To help develop the skills and capabilities of young people and assist them in reaching their full potential.
- To organise activities and events that tackle issues of crime, drugs and anti-social behaviour.
- To work closely and effectively with other departments of BMHC in order to provide an efficient and effective service.
- To ensure the financial control of budgets and outputs for any activities and projects are met.
- To ensure systems are in place to provide statistics and performance measures required by the BMHC management and to meet necessary monitoring and evaluation reporting required by funders of the project.
- To work closely with the General Manager and Fundraising and Marketing Executive.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent people management and motivation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision.
- High level of interpersonal skills and displaying an excellent manner with members of the public, staff and young people.
- Be able to work calmly and effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be creative, innovative, and always searching for ideas for new activities.
- Proficient IT skills
- To adhere to and respect the Islamic ethos of the BMHC.