Make a difference and improve your CV – Become a Scout Volunteer!
Scout volunteering gives you the chance to try different activities, visit new places, and learn and share skills, while making a positive difference to the lives of young people. From archery to canoeing, athletics to camping, crafting to hiking, young people get to try a wide range of activities, explore their talents and make the most out of life.
As a Scout volunteer, you must have the desire to work with young people and make a positive difference to their lives. In return, you’ll experience the fun and adventure with young people, learn new skills and give something back to your community. No experience required as full training is provided.
We have roles available as an Assistant Scout Leader or Scout Assistant in our two younger sections: Beaver Scouts (6 to 8 year olds) and Cub Scouts (8 to 10½ year olds). The sessions take place on Sunday during school terms, from 9:30 to 11:00. You can volunteer for one session a month or more – it’s up to you. Key responsibilities are as follows:
Assistant Scout Leader
– assist with leading the activities for young people
– assist with planning the programme of activities for our sessions
– assist with organising and/or leading trips and events
– attend and contribute to planning meetings
– assist with running activities for young people
– carry out minor administrative tasks
You can volunteer as an Assistant Scout Leader or Scout Assistant in either Beavers or Cubs section. Please submit your expression of interest to email@example.com. When emailing your interest, please provide the following information:
– What do you know about Scouting?
– Why are you interested in becoming a Scout volunteer?
– Which role are you interested in: Assistant Scout Leader or Scout Assistant?
– How much time can you give as a volunteer?
– Any relevant experience you may have of working with children
All expressions of interest will be judged on their merit. If successful, you will be provided with further information about the application process.