The British Muslim Heritage Centre (BMHC) is a non-political organisation.
External organisations that may hire space within the Centre for their own events and activities may have certain political views and opinions. However, these views and opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the BMHC.
Our aspiration is of a Centre “celebrating Islam’s rich and diverse heritage, inspiring all communities to embrace diversity and be instrumental in the shaping of a cohesive society”.
We remain committed to the following principles:
- The BMHC will be a centre for all communities – Muslim and non-Muslim.
- We will strive to provide a welcoming environment for all and work in partnership for the common good.
- In focusing on Muslim heritage we mean: Muslim history, people and contribution to human civilisation. A centre of excellence, celebrating the rich and diverse Muslim heritage, inspiring all communities to embrace diversity and be instrumental in shaping a cohesive society.
- Creating a welcoming environment
Located in the heart of the dynamic city of Manchester and situated in eight acres of greenery, the serene environment will prove to be an attractive retreat for all members of the community.
- Developing a learning environment
The greatest threat to the cohesion of any community is ignorance. That is why we have made the sharing and dissemination of knowledge a primary objective of the BMHC.
We aim to make a positive contribution both nationally and globally by developing appropriate outreach programmes that convey the BMHC vision to those interested.
- Working in partnership
To ensure Muslim heritage, stretching for more than 1,500 years and covering nearly a quarter of the world’s population, is available and accessible to all. BMHC aims to complement and work with other institutions and individuals around the world who share this aspiration.
- Building Expert Knowledge
We envisage the BMHC will become the hub of great scholarship and research into Muslim Heritage and its applications. The resources we intend to produce will be unrivaled across the world.
This post is also available in: Arabic