The 25th of January will see Dr Steff Keris deliver a talk about Islmic Heritage in the Balkans; namely Romania, Bulgaria,
The Former Yugoslavia and Albania. The course is delivered as part of the BMHC’s 2014 series of courses centred on Islamic Heritage in different geographical regions around the world.
The Balkans course will cover:
- Were there any Muslims before the arrival of the Ottomans?
- The Ottomans and their history
- National heroes of that region
- The Islamic reminders and their history in that region
- What can we learn from the Bosnian War and the breakup of Yugoslavia?
- Muslims under Communism
- What can still be visited and where are the Muslims nowadays?
The event will take place on he 25th of January 2014, between 10:30am – 4:30pm. Places are still available. A fee of £25 is charged to register, which includes all course materials.
هذا المقال متاح أيضا باللغة: الإنجليزية