Job Title: Head of Media & Marketing Communications
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Contract: 12-month contract (reviewed after 12 months) with a six-month probationary period
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time position of Head of Media and Marketing Communications for the British Muslim Heritage Centre (BMHC). The successful candidate will join the Senior Management Team reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
the main focus will be the management and financial sustainability of the Heritage Radio and Heritage Television. The role will cut across various functions at BMHC, this includes a wider responsibility of developing and implementing a BMHC Media and Marketing Communication Strategy. The role requires liaising with senior individuals within the public, private and voluntary sectors to create a powerful and consistent narrative that underpins the BMHC’s vision and goals. Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day running and operation of the media and marketing communications department including managing and motivating staff, volunteers and presenters.
- Dealing with promotions and advertising related issues.
- Monitoring and evaluating the quality of both stations (TV and Radio) and meeting all requirements and all statutory requirements and regulations with regards to programming.
- Recruitment and selection including training of new presenters, volunteers and other personnel.
- Networking with other businesses, organisations and agencies to promote the media and marketing communications department and increase the market for advertising.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised with excellent verbal and written communications, experience in generating funds to sustain the media and Marketing Communications Department.
You will need to be able to balance competing priorities, be flexible, focused and resilient, building relationships and confidence quickly.
You will need to demonstrate extensive experience supporting Executive level leaders and be able to communicate professionally and effectively with a variety of people both within the organisation and externally.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer on a day to day basis but will also have responsibility to support the Media and Marketing Communications Steering Group.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the Personal Specification and Job Description to the email below by: 5.00pm, Tuesday 31 March 2020.
To download the Job Description please (click here)
Interviews will take place on Friday 10th April 2020
For further details / informal visits contact:
Maqsood Ahmad, Chief Executive Officer on email@example.com
This post is also available in: Arabic