Make a difference to the lives of young people – Become a Scout volunteer!
Do you enjoy working with children or have a desire to do so?
Do you enjoy working as part of a team?
Would you like to share your skills with others and learn new ones?
Do you enjoy planning activity sessions, day trips and/or events?
Do you want to inspire young people and make a positive difference to their lives?
Would you like to experience fun and adventure with young people?
If the answer to any or all of the above is yes, then give Scout volunteering a try!
From archery to teambuilding, athletics to camping, crafting to hiking, young people get to try a wide range of activities, explore their talents and make the most out of life. And you get to experience the fun and adventure with them, while making a positive difference to their lives.
We have roles available as an Assistant Scout Leader or Scout Assistant. The weekly sessions take place at the BMHC on Sunday during school terms, from 10:00 to 11:30. You can volunteer weekly, fortnightly or monthly – it’s up to you. Key responsibilities are as follows:
Assistant Scout Leader
– assist with planning and delivering the programme of activities
– support the achievement of badges and awards
– assist with organising and/or leading the trips and events
– attend and contribute to Group and planning meetings
– assist with running activities for young people
– carry out minor administrative tasks
Please submit your expression of interest to email@example.com. When emailing your interest, please provide the following information:
– What do you know about Scouting?
– Why are you interested in becoming a Scout volunteer?
– Which role are you interested in: Assistant Scout Leader or Scout Assistant?
– How much time can you give as a volunteer?
– Any relevant experience you may have of working with children.
All expressions of interest will be judged on their merit. If successful, you will be provided with further information about the application process.
This post is also available in: Arabic