Marketing and Fundraising Executive
The British Muslim Heritage Centre is looking to appoint a dynamic Marketing and Fundraising Executive that will help in promoting the Centre and its activities securing maximum commercial benefit which will in turn support the BMHC’s charitable objectives.
This is an opportunity for a talented, self-motivated individual who is results-driven to support the BMHC achieve it local, national and global objectives.
The rewards are £25,000-£30,0000 basic salary plus commission.
Job Type: Full-time
If you are interested please email at Shafiq.Siddiq@bmhc.org.uk
The British Muslim Heritage Centre (BMHC) is located in Manchester in a prestigious venue that aims to celebrate Muslim heritage and make it accessible to all, helping to make our communities stronger and more cohesive.
Since its inception in 2004 and sub-sequential move to its current premises in 2006, the BMHC has evolved into what it is today:
- Attracting more than 120,000 annual visitors.
- Launching more than 30 different services and projects.
- Establishing partnerships with important local, national and international institutes.
The BMHC is looking for a Marketing and Fundraising Executive that will help in promoting the Centre and its activities securing maximum commercial benefit which will in turn support the BMHC’s charitable objectives.
You will concentrate on raising the profile of the BMHC locally and nationally, developing new campaign ideas, demonstrating capability to generate interest and income streams. The ideal person will have a background in fundraising and marketing and is able to support the Islamic ethos of the organisation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with Trustees and Senior Staff, lead on all PR activities.
- Care and development of current and future partnerships.
- Lead on all local and national fundraising campaigns.
- Explore new income streams, particularly events utilising the centre’s 8-acre site, including The Marquee and other conferencing and meeting facilities.
- Review existing income streams, benchmark costs and make recommendations for future development.
- Work with the General Manager and develop marketing campaigns and materials to increase sales and activity in all income streams.
- Work with colleagues across the Centre to share ideas and build a culture of enterprise and innovation
- Explore and secure new grant-funding.
- Promote and market strategic BMHC projects, such as Heritage Radio.
- Must be able to work unsocial hours.
- At least three years’ experience in similar role
- Be a confident self starter who is proactive, sense of responsibility, friendly and hard working
- Have an ability to develop ideas that meet the needs of the client
- Have excellent negotiation skills
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills.
- Ability to spot and put forward ways to maximise revenues by utilising new and innovative ideas
- Able to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Able to form excellent relationships internally and externally
- Good attention to detail
- Open and honest, with an ability to develop personal integrity quickly
- Enthusiastic and persuasive
- Results driven
- Good numeracy skills
- Is willing to undertake training and development as and when required
- Smart business dress
- Full Driving License