Hours: Full-time (candidate must be flexible with working hours and may often be required to work evenings and weekends).
Salary: £20,000 – £22,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Closing date for applications: 23rd February 2017
Please email your CV accompanied with a covering letter to the General Manager: email@example.com
The British Muslim Heritage Centre (BMHC) is located in Manchester in a prestigious venue that aims to celebrate Muslim heritage and make it accessible to all, helping to make our communities stronger and more cohesive.
Since its inception in 2004 and sub-sequential move to its current premises in 2006, the BMHC has evolved into what it is today:
- Attracting more than 120,000 annual visitors.
- Launching more than 40 different services and projects.
- Establishing partnerships with important local, national and international institutes.
- The BMHC currently offers a variety of regular structured activities and services for local youth and is now looking into developing a permanent Youth Club at the Centre
The BMHC is looking to appoint a talented, self-motivated and energetic individual in the capacity of an Activities Co-Ordinator. The role will require managing the current portfolio of activities at the BMHC, and launching new activities. The role will also require the development, launch and managing of a youth club, as well as working closely with young people, other youth workers and members of the wider community.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To work closely with instructors and teachers who are currently delivering activities at the BMHC.
- To launch new activities, from inception to completion which are in line with the vision of the BMHC.
- To create and manage a team of volunteers.
- To establish and run a daily Youth Club.
- To build confidence and self-esteem of young people to enable them to access and take advantage of available services and activities.
- To help develop the skills and capabilities of young people and assist them in reaching their full potential.
- To organise activities and events that tackle issues of crime, drugs and anti-social behaviour.
- To work closely and effectively with other departments of BMHC in order to provide an efficient and effective service.
- To ensure the financial control of budgets and outputs for any activities and projects are met.
- To ensure systems are in place to provide statistics and performance measures required by the BMHC management and to meet necessary monitoring and evaluation reporting required by funders of the project.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent people management and motivation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision.
- High level of interpersonal skills and displaying an excellent manner with members of the public, staff and young people.
- Be able to work calmly and effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be creative, innovative, and always searching for ideas for new activities.
- Proficient IT skills
- To adhere to and respect the Islamic ethos of the BMHC.
This post is also available in: Arabic