Post: Radio Station Manager
Hours: Full-time (candidate must be flexible with working hours and may often be required to work evenings and weekends).
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Closing date for applications: 21st July 2017
The British Muslim Heritage Centre (BMHC) is located in Manchester in a prestigious venue that aims to celebrate Muslim heritage and make it accessible to all, helping to make our communities stronger and more cohesive.
Since its inception in 2004 and sub-sequential move to its current premises in 2006, the BMHC has evolved into what it is today:
- Attracting more than 125,000 annual visitors.
• Launching more than 30 different services and projects.
• Establishing partnerships with important local, national and international institutes.
The BMHC launched Heritage Radio in 2016, Manchester’s first 24 hour radio station dedicated to providing high quality Islamic and community programs. Heritage Radio reaches out to over a million people who live in the Greater Manchester area. Also with the help of live internet streaming, people around the globe are also able to listen in.
The BMHC is looking for a Radio Station Manager who will lead this amazing project.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for the day-to-day running and operation of the station including managing various radio departments and scheduling on and off air staff.
• Dealing with promotions and advertising related issues.
• Monitoring and evaluating the quality of the station and meeting all requirements and regulations with regards to programming.
• Motivating and managing sales staff to meet all sales quotas or budget requirements for income.
• Handling complaints, questions, or request for information about the station.
• Hiring and training of new employees, interns, volunteers and other personnel at the radio station.
• Networking with other businesses, organisations and agencies to promote the radio station and increase the market for advertising.
• Developing budget plans and employee schedules.
• Training presenters and on-air staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Management experience is essential.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent people management and motivation skills.
• Be able to work calmly and effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision.
• High level of interpersonal skills and displaying an excellent manner with members of the public and with staff.
• Must be creative, innovative, and always searching for newer ideas to improve program content.
• Have strong IT skills, including word processing and data handling.
• To adhere to and respect the Islamic ethos of the BMHC and Heritage Radio.
• Knowledge of the radio market, different station and programme styles, and audience demographics.
• Knowledge of broadcast and editing software, if not, full training will be provided.
• Able to deal with difficult clients in relation to sales.
• Able to react to developing situations such as rolling news or difficult studio or on-air guests.
• Recruitment and relations of volunteers